Wednesday, December 8, 2010

PSA Reflection

As with most of the other projects we have had to do, I was not looking forward to making a PSA.  I have never made a video where I had to edit and add things in.  I also do not like acting and being filmed.  But, as with everything else, I am glad I did this and it was not as hard as I thought.
My group spent quite a bit of time on this.  We were not sure what to do our PSA on, but once we figured out our topic, the filming went fast.  The hardest thing was uploading the video from the camera to the computer.  We did not have the correct cord, so that was our first battle.  Once we got the correct cord and imported it, we had to learn how to use a MAC.  None of us in our group are very familiar with MAC's.  It took some playing around and just trying different things to figure out what we need to do to edit the video (take some stuff out and put different parts in the correct order).  Once we got this done, the adding of text was pretty simple.  I actually learned a lot while doing this.  I feel more confident using a MAC now.

Now that I know how to create and edit a video, I think I could easily incorporate this into my class.  This is something I would want to have my students help with and actually have them create a video on something they have learned and edit it and then have them share the video with their peers and on our class blog or wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment